What is CNH
CNH is the short form of Chondrodermatitis nodularis chronica helicis. It is ear disease that causes pain in the helix or antihelix of the ear. CNH ear pain is found in middle-aged mens mostly but some women have also reported this disease.
Ten Things You Should Know About Pressure Sores on the Ears
- Pressure sores on the ear typically occur in persons who sleep primarily on one side (either by habit or because of shoulder, neck, or arm pain).
- Pressure sores occur on the most prominent parts of the ear -- the rim of the helix or the antihelix.
- A pressure sore on the ear in the earliest stage may simply be a small, tender, red area.
- Later stages of pressure sores on the ear appear as tender, red, warty papules, small punched-out ulcers, or even deep ulcerations extending to the cartilage.
- Pressure sores on the ear may be mistaken for skin cancers, but skin cancers are rarely tender or painful.
- As with any pressure sore, the principal treatment is removal of the pressure from the involved area.
- Pressure sores on the ears are technically called Chondrodermatitis Nodularis Helicis, or CNH.
- The SleepEasy CNH Pillow® is designed to treat CNH by eliminating the fundamental cause by removing the pressure from the external ear.
- Pressure sores on the ear are most common in the elderly.
- Pressure sores on the ear commonly recur after surgical treatment since the pressure on the ear remains if the patient continues to lie on the ear.